4 Day Multi Day Kuleana Program - July 22, 23, 24, 27
Time & Location
About the Event
IMPORTANT: NEW ISLANDER APPLICANTS MUST FIRST APPLY TO BECOME AN LBE HAWAII LEADER STAFF BEFORE REGISTERING. TO APPLY, CLICK HERE.
Program Overview - This will be a standard multi-day Kuleana Program which each islander will accompany their group students to various site visits. Islanders are expected to help their students think more critically about sustainabilty in the world and how each students can become more stustainable in their daily lives.
- Escort Japanese Students throughout program (assigned to 1 group for whole program)
- Assist the group with communication, discussion, and critical thinking during program activities
- Create a HALE ALOHA presentation - cultural presentation representing your background. More info here.
- Responsible for the safe transportation of group on the city bus
- Be available for all or any dates and times listed below to participate in this program
- Strong English-Speaking skills (slow pronunciation, loud voice, easy vocabulary)
- Desired qualification - interest in sustainability or renewable energy (no background necessary)
- Desired qualification - fun, outgoing, approachable personality
- Desired qualification - experience from other LbE Hawaii programs, but not required
Tentative Activities & Site Visits
- Project Paradise Standard Program
- Exploration UH Manoa (Scavenger Hunt across UH Manoa)
- Mouna Farm (Tour + Harvesting Activities)
- Flexible Response to Ongoing Growth site visit - example of energy efficient classroom
- Living Buillding Challenge House (Tour)
- Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii (Lecture and Beach Cleanup @ Kahuku Beach)
- Japanese Cultural Center of Hawaii site visit
- Final Project Preparation & Presentation
*Program Dates & Times July 22 (WED), 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
July 23 (THU), 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
July 24 (FRI, 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
July 25 (SAT), Students w/ Homestay Family
July 26 (SUN), Students w/ Homestay Family
July 27 (MON), 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM COMPENSATION WILL VARY PER PERSON BASED ON THEIR PROGRAM/EVENTS STATUS AND AMOUNT OF DAYS THEY COMMIT TO THE PROGRAM. THE PROJECT DIRECTOR WILL DISCUSS COMPENSATION WITH THE CANDIDATE UPON RECEIVING REGISTRATION.
MealsDaily lunch & dinner provided (cash to buy on own)
Transportation***Point-to-point transportation provided (chartered and city bus) *Be available for all or any of the 4 days and the times mentioned in order to be selected as an Islander (unless approved by director)**Must be a US citizen or have working visa to receive monetary compensation (check/paypal). ***Islanders must provide their own transportation to Waikiki and return home on their own (LbE Hawaii might be able to shuttle Islanders from Kapiolani Park to and from the hotel) IMPORTANT: NEW ISLANDER APPLICANTS MUST FIRST APPLY TO BECOME AN LBE HAWAII LEADER STAFF BEFORE REGISTERING. TO APPLY, CLICK HERE.